The Core Capacity Assessment Tool (CCAT), is a 146-question, online tool that measures an
organization’s effectiveness through an analysis of its four core capacities—adaptive,
leadership, management, and technical—and organizational culture. At the end of this process,
an organization will receive a findings report about its core and sub-capacity scores, lifecycle stage
placement, and prioritized and detailed capacity building plans that serve as a guide to
determine "next steps" to improve effectiveness.
Your cohort now has the opportunity to assess its effectiveness using the CCAT. As the
cohort lead, you are responsible for administering this assessment to other organizations and tracking their progress. This short document will describe what you need to do, and what
you can expect.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Logging in to the Online Survey
- To sign in, you’ll be invited to the system through an email from Vertical Change.
- After you click on the invitation link, you’ll be asked to create a password for yourself.
- Once you do that and sign in, you’ll be in the CCAT system.
Step 2: Adding organizations and inviting them to your cohort.
- Click Add New Organization.
- Type in new organization's name.
- Save new organization.
- Click on new organization.
- Show participant list and click Add New Participant.
- Complete participant information.
- Note: all users added by cohort users are automatically designated as Organizational Leads. If you would like to add other participants, or if you would like to not designate an organizational lead, please contact CCAThelp@tccgrp.com
- Save new user.
- Note: When you save the user's information, they will automatically be sent their initial email that will contain information on how to access the CCAT Survey.
Step 3: Sending Reminders to Organizational Leads
- Click on the Participants tab.
- Search, filter, then select participants you would like to email. Check the box next to their names.
- Once selected, click Email Selected – you can send multiple emails at once.
- Fill in information, select Send a Reminder and click Send Email.
Step 4: Checking progress of organization.
- When you click on the name of the nonprofit under the Organizations tab, there is a column titled “CCAT percent completed” to show the entire organization's progress.