The Core Capacity Assessment Tool (CCAT), is a 146-question, online tool that measures an
organization’s effectiveness through an analysis of its four core capacities—adaptive,
leadership, management, and technical—and organizational culture. At the end of this process,
an organization will receive a findings report about its core and sub-capacity scores, lifecycle stage
placement, and prioritized and detailed capacity building plans that serve as a guide to
determine "next steps" to improve effectiveness.
Your organization now has the opportunity to assess its effectiveness using the CCAT. As the
organizational lead, you are responsible for administering this assessment to the other senior
leaders in your organization. This short document will describe what you need to do, and what
you can expect, when you administer this assessment.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Logging in to the Online Survey
- You will receive an email with the subject line “Your CCAT Organizational Assessment: Getting Started” which contains a link to create an account.
- If you have been notified that you’ll be taking the CCAT assessment but have not received an email with login information, please check your spam/junk folders, and notify CCAThelp@tccgrp.com.
- Access the CCAT anytime at: https://app.verticalchange.com/login.
Step 2: Adding + Contacting Respondents
- When you login, you will first see the dashboard.
- To add respondents, click the Participants tab, and then click Add Participant.
- Once you click Add Participant, an email will be sent from the CCAT System to the individual.
- You must add at least two new users (for a total of three respondents).
Step 3: Taking the CCAT Survey
- To begin the CCAT survey, click the Start button on your Home tab. If a question is irrelevant to your organization, or you feel that you do not have enough information to answer the question, skip the question.
- It is not necessary to complete the survey in one sitting. If you need to attend to other tasks, you can log out, and the CCAT will save your information.
Step 4: Answering Background Questions
- To answer Background Questions head to your Home tab, and as an Organizational Lead you should see an option to begin your Background Questions below the CCAT Survey.
- If you’d like to re-assign the background questions to a different person in your organization, email us at CCAThelp@tccgrp.com.
Step 5: Downloading Reports
- Once all respondents have completed the survey, you will be able to download reports from the home page by selecting the Report.
- If you would like a Comparison Report, select comparison criteria. A Comparison Report includes capacity scores for organizations similar to yours (identified by the selected criteria), so you can compare your organization to similar organizations.
Managing your Organization’s Survey
- As the organizational lead, you are responsible for managing your respondents.
- The Participants tab allows you to:
- See the status of your survey.
- Email all respondents with reminders.
- Add a new respondent.
Organizational Lead Checklist
- Login to the CCAT system.
- Invite at least 3 total respondents for my survey.
- Invite at least 1 board member for my survey.
- Take the CCAT survey.
- Answer (or assign) Background Questions.
- Make sure all respondents have received their login information.
- Make sure all respondents complete the survey.
- Download the final report once all respondents are complete.